Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Austrian Buddies ^.^







Pei Xian and Jing with their buddy Daniel


Nari feeding ice cream cake to Daniel, another buddy


My buddy, Lizhen sandwiched between the two Daniels!


FOOD!!! =D


So as you guys know, I have my Austrian buddy who is AMAZING =D She is always calling me to make sure I'm ok and teaching me about the Austrian culture =)

In addition though, I signed up for a German speaking buddy to learn German. His name is Georg and we meet about once a week (if i'm not travelling!) to do German and English communication. We've met about 3 times now, just talking about our lives, what we want to do, etc. The first time I had my "official" class with him, he was teaching me the difference between the "e" and "i" sound........cuz i'm that smart, I couldn't differentiate the Eng and German "e" sounds.....but Georg is very patient =) We meet for about 1.5-2 hours to go over our communication skills. I don't know if I will learn a lot of German but I will kill myself trying!! (ok cream???)

My friends and I decided to cook dinner for our buddies. We all made different dishes and somehow, about 15 of us crammed into the kitchen to eat ><" It was a lot of fun, plus I'm meeting various Austrians! They have all travelled and have a lot of experience and stories =D Plus there was amazing foooooooood =D For dessert, one girl went all out and made red bean soup.........yummy!!!

Luving it ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment