Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And so it begins.....=)

hey you guys!!

So sorry for not blogging for a while ><" It warms my <3 to get all the e-mails/msn msgs/skype notes to see how I'm doing (i'm alive btw =P )

I ended the orientation program w. a trip to Melk and Krems, small cities outside of Vienna...we visited a monestary and had a very delicious, traditional Austrian lunch. The life I'm living here is so relaxed......complete opposite of what I'm used to over there (goodness, I can't even imagine going back to Schulich ><" )

Since then I've had my 1st block course.....it was on intercultural communications w. emphasis on women so I learned a lot about various other cultures.........however, 50% of the class were like North Americans but there was still a great variety of other cultures

For one of my friend's bday, we went to a sushi buffet........it wasn't like the typical ones in Toronto cuz there was like less than 10 sushi varieties........but they did have tepanyaki where you choose any sauce you want plus veggies, noodles, rice, and meat =P Kinda like mongolian grill...... and I had sago! lol They had a chocolate fondue too but all the good fruits were gone by then

BTW i am giving up chocolate for Lent cuz in Vienna, it's so hard to resist the yummy Manner waffers (I know some of you know what I'm talking about!). It'll be good for me and i can experience other desserts, though there aren't a lot of pastries in Vienna....

My friend and I found a church that had an English-speaking service so on Sundays we're at Church. The pastor is American and the people come from various backgrounds.......there's always coffee/tea and snacks offered so we've gotten a chance to talk to some Austrians/people who have come to Vienna.....in fact, last weekend I had kangeroo meat cuz it was South African and Austrian meal day.....tastes better than beef =P

i have some regular courses now..........I'm learning German and I have two culture related courses (diversity and sexism equality etc) and life in the UK and US course...........i am LOVING the UK course bc both profs are hilarious! One's from the UK and he says some very politically incorrect stuff all the time.....I won't say what but he's DEFINITELY not a Schulich/York prof! he's not even a stereotypical prof and I luv him =P Their teaching style is to use comics, idoymns, and humour to ensure we understand the customs and culture.......

I haven't been drinking so much cuz I'm afraid my liver's literally going to break down soon -_- I've learned quite a few drinking games (so watch out CC, J Chow and MK!! when I get back......) Once we played w. two Romanians and a Serbian guy who brought his own home-brewed brandy which is at LEAST twice as strong ><" I think it was just as bad as the 151..........

As for travelling, I won't be doing much in March......Tee is visiting me <3 next week and then Cella may come for a bit before Athens.....I'll do my travelling starting end of March.....

Ok so I've updated you on my life but I want to hear about what you guys are doing! leave me comments on the blog or send me an e-mail =P

If you guys want to see pics, I've posted them on fcbk........

No comments:

Post a Comment