Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home =P

Honestly, you guys have no idea how good it feels to be home in Vienna =) After about more than 14 flights and God only knows how many train rides...........it was quite satisfying to land at VIE =P However, there was a feeling of deja vu bc it seemed like yesturday I arrived at the same airport for the first time ><"

It's weird how in Feb I couldn't wait to start travelling........but after all of that, it just feels good to be home =P I may not speak German but I know how to get from the airport to my rez, where to buy groceries, and just the fact I can cook.......my own bed never felt sooooooo comfortable =) And just hearing "bitte, danke" was just so comforting =P After I dropped off my stuff, I like RAIDED the supermarket........I came home w. so many fruits and veggies that I think I went a little overboard, especially since I'm leaving next Wednesday lol.

Also, just seeing familiar faces in the kitchen as I cooked was so reassuring =P I'm glad I never lived in rez before (Shanghai didn't count lol) bc otherwise I would have expectations........speaking of which, I've learned to travel w.o expectations bc you build it up and most of the time you're let down.......I guess that's how expectations work in general right? =P

Anyway, it's amazing to be home that I don't want to leave......but at least I have trips every so often so I can appreciate it......I'm seeing friends, my Chinese/Austrian buddy =P, my Austrian friend who's teaching me German.....it feels GOOD to be home.......that's probably how Toronto will feel like in July......although I'll miss the freedom I have in Vienna =P

No comments:

Post a Comment