Friday, April 3, 2009

Milano & Bergamo!!

When I arrived on Wednesday night, I took the bus from the Milan/Bergamo airport to Milan central station. My friend, Narges, then met me at the station. We took the metro before walking to her house. She lives w. one of our Schulich friends, Angela. They have the BEST appartment....it's close and there's a kitchen, bathroom, and a HUGE bedroom. There's a bunkbed with 2 more singles. So I slept quite well.



The next, the three of us and Angela's mom hopped onto a train to Bergamo city, about an hour away. It was a really cute city that didn't have a lot of tourists. We took a bus to the upper city centre, where we walked around, eating pizza (so cheap!) and shopped =P we saw a lot of cathedrals, basilicas and even took the funiculare down.That night, we had dinner around the corner from their house. Basically, in Milan, you can order one drink for like 7 euros and eat whatever food they have laid out for you. It was soooooooo good =) Then we went back and slept ><"


When we came back from Athens, I did a little city tour by myself, becuse my friends have exams on Friday. I went to the Duomo, a cathedral and an area where they have a lot of shops. Oh my goodness. I am so glad I didn't go to school in Milan because I would be pressured to buying stuff!! There was this store, La Rinacente that is like Holt Renfrew times 10~!!! There was this level of JUST designer bags -_- miu miu, prada, D&G, Dior........but i felt awkward looking at it ><" Something to aspire towards I guess...........The women here are so fashionable that you feel pressured =S but i didn't buy anything =) saving my money for Paris lol

I visited the Castello, a castle with museums within it. I spent about 30 mins in the ancient musical instrument exhibit.......so many pretty pianos of various shapes, sizes <3 I then walked back to the Duomo as it was a short walk, with a lot of shops to browse in =P I came home and Narges and Angela had pasta and salad waiting =P It's just good to be around people I'm familiar with........not that I don't enjoy my friends in Vienna.......this visit was just a tiny taste of home =)

The day of my departure, Narges and I walked along another shopping street.......the weather was grim as it started raining again......however, we took our time, checking out cute boutiques....surprisingly, some of the stores were relatively inexpensive =) We then had gelato at "Chocolat" for lunch ^.^ Yummy, I had pistachio and mango sorbet..........Like Cella said, no other place is able to top it! What a great end to a crazy trip =P

No comments:

Post a Comment