Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pre Departure Sentiments =P

Take off day =P Finally, after about a year of waiting and fantasizing about exchange, the day’s finally here.

Leading up to today, there have been some crazy adventures. In addition to working in Dec/Jan,(what’s up with the crazy Euro?!), I’ve been trying to see as many friends as I can. In the beginning of January, it was quite relaxing after a crazy, emotional December; I would go to work (while PM-ing Lon Lon hahaha) and relax in the evening. Most of the time was spent going to yoga, skating (remember, Karim, Saima, Andrew, and Tims how much fun that was =P) or even playing squash for the first time. It never really hit me that I was leaving for exchange....it felt like the calm before the storm.....

I guess I should’ve known how hectic it was going to get when Saima helped me plan a gathering at the Lobby. Honestly, I was so touched that everyone, in an evening where the windchill was about minus 25 degrees Celcius, came out downtown in formal attire, to see me and each other. While the party should have been the evening to see everyone before i left, the week that followed made it seem that I was never going to come back. I think I have so many precious memories in those last two weeks that I think i was a little sad to leave you guys behind....
The crazy skiing experience (thanks to Andrew for being sooooooo encouraging)....the hectic one-day Ottawa trip where I didn’t get my visa but I met so many new friends instead =) .... the long talks I had with my girlfriends of European life, our childhood and precious memories that we shared.....I couldn’t have asked for better friends to see me off =D

Even up to the day I left, I still received many well wishes: text messages, voicemails, e-mails, phone calls, etc. I have never felt so blessed in my life. I think you finally realized how lucky you are when your girlfriends drive to your house and see you for as little as two hours because they were unable to attend other events....or when she’s been to the hospital because she fainted but the only thing on her mind was making sure you knew she was going to miss you (i <3 you!!!)...or a gf who wakes up bright and early to pick you up to go all the way to Markham to ensure that you’re completely ready for ANYTHING (and she meant ANYTHING!!! Lol) that life was going to throw my way during exchange.

You guys ALL know who you are....I will miss you but it`s only 5 months =P If anything, come visit me in VIENNA!!! *mwah*

1 comment:

  1. =) Saved the best for last eh? ;) haha jokes. I love you hun! Enjoy! And you better update this regularly, cause you know I'll be creeping on it while I'm bored at work

    ReplyDelete